Saturday, May 23, 2015

All My WIPs: Quilts, Books, Kitchen...

I can read a book in two or three days but hand quilting a bed sized quilt....takes me a lot longer! I am finally on the border of my Charles Dickens quilt. 
 
 

I usually work on it every Tuesday with the Clawson quilters and evenings at home.

I forgot about this Redwork project! It was hiding in a dough boy end table! The free designs from Mirkwood Designs were based on the original illustrations.
 



 I added a little more to Vintage Rose, but she is finished.
I found a fabric butterfly pin at a craft fair and bought it for my wall hanging I made a little while back. So perfect!
As you can see from the photo below that pin was really necessary. If only she had two in that color!
Every now and then I get out Love Entwined to work on the fourth border...

I also joined TWO local book clubs! For next week I have reread Jane Austen's Persuasion. For next month I will read Girl on a Train by Paula Hawkins and Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.

On my NetGalley shelf I have:

Daisy Turner's Kin: An African American Family Saga by Jane C. Beck
Wings in the Dark  a retro style mystery involving Amelia Earhart by Michael Murphy
Circling the Sun, a novel about Beryl Markham by Paula McLain
The Marriage of Opposites, a novel about the mother of Impressionist artist Camille Pissarro, by Alice Hoffman
Joy: Poet, Seeker, and the Woman who Captivated C. S. Lewis by Abigail Santamaria
Song of My Life: A Biography of Marilyn Walker Carolyn Brown (author of the novel Jubilee) by Caroline Brown.

Forthcoming book reviews include:
House of Hawthorne, a novel about Nathaniel Hawthorne and his wife, by Erika Robuck
The Great Detective about Sherlock Holmes by Zach Dundas
Exit the Actress about Restoration actress and mistress of Charles II Nell Gwynn, written by Priya Parmar whose Vanessa and Her Sister I reviewed last year
Donna Bell's Bake Shop, a cook book and story behind the store by Pauley Perrette and friends
Shoot the Conductor: Too Close to Monteux, Szell and Ormandy, a memoir by violinist and conductor Anshel Brusilow
Worthy by Catherine Hyde Ryan whose Language of Hoofbeats I reviewed last year
The Truth According to Us by Annie Barrows who wrote the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Language Arts by Stephanie Kallos who wrote Broken For You which I had enjoyed

Today we bought a lovely yellow rose and some herbs to plant this week. I am preparing sleeves for the quilts that will be in my guild's show June 5 & 6. And that kitchen remodel? We decided on a cork floor, the back splash for over the stove and behind the hood, and bought a hood.  (Jen said she bought one after she saw the great price!) Jen has bought my sink and has ordered the cabinets. The Wilson Art Betty laminate is available! Time to pack up the kitchen!





No comments:

Post a Comment