Monday, August 3, 2015

More Row By Row Blocks! And What is on My Reading Shelf

I have completed several more Row By Row blocks! They are quick projects, many using fusible appliqué, and some even have die cut pieces in the kits.

First is a sunset over the lake from Northern Hearth Quilting & Sewing Center in Cadillac; I replaced the original boy fishing on the shore with a lady under a tree looking at the sailboat.
I made two of my birthday gifts:

Creative Quilts in Brighton has this great LOVE Michigan with a map
 and a cute lighthouse from Sew What in Wyandotte.

Other updates:
  • The kitchen is complete except for a few things which are ordered but have yet to come in. Our contractor is having a photographer take photos for her website! 
  • I am going to the American Quilt Society show in Grand Rapids, MI next week! My friend and I are staying overnight...because who can see the whole show in an afternoon?
  • I have another quilt book to review, so look forward to reading about projects inspired by Hawaiian quilts.

  • I have reviewed 103 books through NetGalley since April 2014! I am like a crazy lady high on READING. I wonder how long I can last at this pace? LOL. 
Right now I am reading:
  • The Pulitzer Prize winning novel All the Light You Can Not See by Anthony Doerr; my book club will dsicuss this at the end of the month.
  • Pamela by Samuel Richardson, the 1741 book considered the first novel through NetGalley
  • Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon, a young adult book about an eighteen year old girl in love for the first time: complication is that she can't ever touch him. She is a 'bubble' girl allergic to everything.
On my NetGalley shelf are
  • White Eskimo: Knud Ramussen's Fearless Journey into the Heart of the Arctic  by Stephen R. Bown. 
  • The Color of Water in July by Nora Carroll,because it is set in Northern Michigan.
  • Radioactive! How Irene Curie and Lise Meitner Revolutionized Science by Winifred Conkling, written for children.
  • The Heart Goes Last by Margaret Atwood. Because I have never read Atwood and it's about time I did!
  • All of Us and Everything by Bridge Asher about complicated sisters during a hurricane along the Jersey shore.
  • The Year of Shakespeare in 1601 by James Shapiro.

No comments:

Post a Comment