Thursday, November 12, 2015

Monthly Quilts at the Library--Including Mine This Month!

My new friend arranges for quilts to be hung at the local library and this month I have four hanging.

This first quilt was made in a class. It was easier than I thought it would be!

I made this quilt two years after I started quilting. It is machine quilted with gold thread. I called it Finding Wholeness in a Chaotic World.
 I found a 1970s embroidery pattern called Country Village on eBay. It was so much fun to make!

Another very early quilt is this sampler using the Hoffman challenge fabric of that year. It is called Windows and I even wrote a poem to accompany it. Which is on the back of the quilt. Which I don't have a copy of now. 

 Gobble Gobble was made by  Maggie Robbins.

 Maggie Robbins also made this New York Beauty.
 Dot to Dot by Maggie Robbins. I just adore this!

 Shirley Leja's sense of humor:
 The City Hall also has quilts rotated by season! This is a real quilt town!



No comments:

Post a Comment