Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Play Time in the Quilt Room

This weekend I wanted to 'play'. I had all those new vintage linen pieces and I wanted to see what I could do with them. I pulled out different linens and coordinated them with fabrics and embellishments. This was my first one completed.
The lacy white circular 'linen' was my starting point. I wanted something in the center and decided on a counted cross stitch butterfly made by my mother-in-law.
 I pulled out the yellow fabric with orange butterflies, and then found the orange for an outer border.

 I had been given a stash of cut-out pieces of embroidered linen pieces by a dealer and decided to use these little florals. Two of the five pieces were stained, so I arranged the three good ones.
I had machine stitched the central butterfly motif and covered the edges with green beads.
I had fun making this little quilt. I can't wait to get back into my sewing room and play some more!




No comments:

Post a Comment