|Tilda Sewing By Heart cover with patchwork pumpkins|
These fresh quilts and sewing projects from Norway are ADORABLE!
Tone Finnanger is the founder and sole designer of the internationally recognized Tilda brand, which she started in 1999 at the age of 25. She was at the 2017 Quilt Market in Houston, TX and won "Best Newcomer."
|Bumblebees quilt on left.|
All the projects use the Tilda fabric lines including Cabbage Rose, Bumblebee, Circus, Harvest, and Cottage lines. You can view the fabrics at https://www.sewandso.co.uk/category/saq-tilda-crafts-tilda-fabrics?TRE00049.
Sewing From the Heart is the first Tilda book in English. Expert technical editing from Linda Clements, bestselling author of The Quilter’s Bible, offers in-depth instructions. The photographs are gorgeous and the book is filled with illustrations showing construction and fabrics used.
The instructions are detailed. There are 21 pages for The Bumblebee Quilt, 55" x 73," including:
- multiple full and close-up photographs of the quilt
- swatches of fabrics used and yardage chart
- preparation and cutting instructions
- overall quilt layout illustration
- cutting instruction with illustrations
- block construction instructions with color illustrations
- border construction with illustration
- and assembling and finishing the quilt instructions
|I love love love this soft fox|
The patterns have some unusual methods. For instance, the stuffed Santa doll's legs are made with pieced fabric. To construct, one sews the various widths of fabrics into one unit. The leg pattern is laid over the pieced unit, traced, and cut with seam allowances. Each leg has two pieces which are sewn and turned.
- Bumblebee Quilt, pillows, pin cushion, and stuffed bees
- Flower quilt, pillows, and fabric flowers
- Circus Quilt
- Tree Pillow
- Applique Elephant quilt
- Cabbage Rose Quilt
- Patchwork squirrel and rabbit stuffed animals
- Birds and Sunflowers quilt and pillows
- Patchwork Fox stuffed animal
- Pumpkin Harvest Quilt and pillow
- Patchwork Santa and stocking
I received a free ebook from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for a fair and unbiased review.
Tilda Sewing by Heart
by Tone Finnanger