Wednesday, April 19, 2017

My Large-Block Quilt Top

I found Large-Block Quilts by Victoria Eapen on sale locally this past week and bought it.
Large Block Quilts
 I loved the pieced pinwheel quilt, Spin Patch, below.


I decided to use fabric I had in my stash to try out the pattern.

The construction is interesting. A giant 24 1/2" x 25" block made of pieced squares is layered with the solid fabric, sewn on the diagonal, and cut in half to create two parts of the pinwheel block. The borders are not the same width, giving it an interesting off center, modern look.

The instructions were great to follow.
 It is awfully wrinkled laying on the floor.
Now I know how the pattern works I want to make it again, this time with a gray background as in the original.
Sharing the top to my weekly quilt group--you can see how BIG it is
The pattern makes a quilt 65 1/2" x 65 1/2". Perhaps I will enlarge the borders to bed size when I make it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment