Wednesday, July 11, 2018

More From My Sit and Stitch Group

So many people came to see what my weekly quilt group is doing that I am sharing more photos!

We contribute to the monthly quilt display in our library. Here are some hanging now.
Betty's maritime inspired quilt makes me think of summer travels to Michigan's lakes.
Theresa contributed this quilted panel.
I started this quilt in a workshop with Jeanna Kimball where we learned to make our own applique patterns with folded paper.
Fashions from the Roaring 20s to the power suits of the 1980s was a fun project. I adapted a pattern of 1930s dresses. I used a vintage 30s pink for the 1930s dress and a vintage1960s floral print dress.

Here are some more quilts made by the group.

Bev made three quilts for the three doctors who discovered a health issue when under treatment for another condition. Here she is presenting a quilt to one of the doctors.

Kay shared a doll and doll quilt she made many years ago.

And here is a new quilt top Kay just finished.
Shirley is one of the founding members of our group. Here is a stack 'n wack quilt she made.

Madeline love hexies and hand work. She is making Dresden Plates.
Linda's quilt top looks summery and fresh as a Lake Michigan breeze!
Betty is making more Modern style quilts to suit her children's tastes.

Shirley made this X Marks the Spot quilt.
When Theresa found these Thicket prints of animals I had to buy some. She made stuffed animals with the large prints and now this small quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment