Thursday, June 25, 2020

COVID-19 Life: TBR, Quilts, News

I finished my embroidered cat quilt by machine quilting it on my new Bernina 570 QE! I am working on some surprise projects next.

Meanwhile, I am waiting for batting to arrive so I can hand quilt my Great Gatsby quilt.


Almost all the fabrics have arrived for my Mountain Mist Water Lily quilt. I saw this image online and it's my color inspiration.

1930s Vintage Water Lily Antique Quilt

I have read 88 books this year!

New books on my TBR shelf include two Goodreads wins:

  • The Great Indoors: The Surprising Science of How Buildings Shape Our Behavior, Health, and Happiness by Emily Anthes
  • The Restaurant by Pamela M. Kelley, woman's fiction about sisters in Nantucket
And from NetGalley:
  • Once Upon a Time I Lived on Mars by Kate Greene about her experience in a Martian-like environment
  • Nick in which Michael Farris Smith imagines Nick Carraway's war experience before going to NY and meeting Gatsby
  • His Truth is Marching On by Jon Meacham about John Lewis
I had to share some great photos from family members.

Below is our grandpuppy Sunny in her backyard paradise. Melissa is using her furlough to spiff up the landscaping. 


Our niece's son's Bar Mitzvah was all virtual and shared online.
Our dear friend Shirley Williams passed away last week. Here she is as a young woman with her husband. She often told me about their meeting.

During WWII, Shirley was engaged when she went to a local dance and saw a dashing young pilot. She removed her engagement ring and announced, that is the man I am going to marry. He taught her how to fly and she also had a pilot's licence.
We will dearly miss Shirley.

The Clawson library staff is back from furlough and we are working on restarting the book club as a virtual meeting!

My brother is camping on Michigan's Keweenaw Peninsula on Lake Superior, on the Sunset side, and has been sharing awesome photos!




We went to the local garden center. Everyone was wearing masks, even outside. We bought some basil and pots to repot some indoor plants and some gifts.

Otherwise, we are walking in the neighborhood early in the day and staying home.

Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment