Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Literary Quilts 3: Embroidered Fairy Tales and Stories

The third kind of literary quilt I make are embroidered fairy tales and children's stories.

Some of the quilts I made I neglected to photograph! I made the Ruby McKim Peter Pan quilt.

Most recently I completed the Alice in Wonderland redwork quilt. The patterns were from Mirkwood Studios and are base on the original book illustrations.

Alice in Wonderland by Nancy A. Bekofske
Mirkwood Studios pattern




The Little Red Riding Hood redwork quilt patterns were reproduced from 1918 patterns. I hand embroidered and hand quilted it and used Riley Blake's Little Red fabric line.
Little Red Riding Hood by Nancy A. Bekofske




I drew my own images for the Wizard of Oz embroidered quilt. It was a fun process of drawing and revising the drawings.

Wizard of Oz designed by Nancy A. Bekofske



The finished  quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment