What is great about this book are the variety of patterns. There is something for everyone. There are Modern quilts in solids, Country quilts, jazzy and mellow quilts, super sized quilt blocks, pieced and appliqued patterns and quilts that combine the two, traditional patterns and updated looks for traditional patterns. There are seasonal and holiday patterns. Sizes include lap quilts, crib quits, bed quilts, and wall hangings.
Each pattern comes with:
- a full page picture of the finished quilt
- materials and cutting instructions, some with cutting layout diagrams
- illustrated step-by-step sewing instructions
- assembling the quilt top with illustration
- finishing information link to online downloadable instructions.
Applique patterns are also downloadable online.
Handy sidebar advice offer hints, such as auditioning prints, color use, chain sewing, and increasing the quilt size.
I received a free ebook from Martingale through Edelweiss in exchange for a fair and unbiased review.
The Big Book of Fat Quarter Quilts
$27.99 paper back