Saturday, December 29, 2018

2018 Quilts

For once I have more finishes than starts! Only because I took 8 quilt tops to be long arm quilted.

Starts include:

This quilt made with the Thistle fabric line animal prints. I decided to add an outer border, so I need to make more blocks.

Redwork blocks of Little Red Riding Hood based on a 1919 pattern. I have fabrics to set them together.

I started this A Tisket a Tasket quilt from Bunny Hill and have nearly finished hand quilting it--then it needs embellishments.


I finished making 12 blocks for my yellow roses quilt, which still need to be put together.

I started my Bronte sisters quilt. It now has a lot of flowers. 

I made several more blocks for my Great Gatsby quilt.



Finishes include:

I made this wall hanging based on Stitches from the Harvest embroidery patterns 

I just finished hand quilting this Peter Pan applique quilt. The Riley Blake Neverland fabric line inspired me. I used Marion Cheever Whiteside Newton's Story Book applique patterns. Hand appliqued and hand quilted.


I made this wall hanging for the weekly quilt group's fabric challenge. The image is based on a Victorian illustration.

I finished hand quilting the Jane Austen Family Album, patterns shared by Barbara Brackman.
My quilt tops that were longarm quilted included:

Icicle Days, a design from Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill
Fox Kits design from Sew Fresh Quilts
Big Block in two colors

 The MODA Bee-autiful Sew Along embroidered quilt
A quilt made with my father-in-law's shirts
This quilt top is prettier in real life, with sparkling fabrics.
No photo yet, but I finished a queen-size quilt top for my son. 
For Christmas gifts I made five pillow cases, two dice bags, two tea cozies, and made this applique for a tote bag for my son's girlfriend who is a knitter.

pillowcases
Tote, dice bags, and a pillowcase
For the weekly quilt group Christmas exchange I made this placemat.

My plans are to continue to clear out my UFOs, finishing more quilts in process. I also have bought fabric for a pattern of stars and a house using this main fabric from Connecting Threads' Winter Flurries collection.

2 comments:

  1. I was reading about one of the Amazon Kindle Daily Deals today (Adrift) and saw The Literary Quilter quoted in the editorial reviews. Being a reader and quilter myself, I totally had to look you up! I am really enjoying browsing through your recent posts. You do beautiful work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THanks Robin! I am glad you found my blog!

    ReplyDelete