Saturday, January 30, 2021

Important Blog News— Leaving Bloglovin

 Dear Readers,

I need to opt out of Bloglovin.

I was badly impacted when Goggle+ closed a few years back, when 90 people followed me on that medium and I lost followers when they shut down. I hate to lose my 34 Bloglovin followers, too.

The reason why I want to exit Bloglovin is because it is used by sex trafficking! And there is no way to block them. These accounts don’t show up on my list on the blog. But on my Bloglovin account I see tens of foreign followers with links to sex sites.

So please, readers, change to email following of my blog! Or you can find me on Twitter @NancyAdairB and Instagram @NancyAdair where I share links to my blog. I also have a Facebook page for The Literate Quilter.

In a few weeks I will exit from Bloglovin. 

Thank you!

Nancy

6 comments:

  1. My understanding is that Bloglovin is a feed reader. It picks up whatever RSS feed people want to see. So if you stop using it, others will still be able to see your blog. Spammers and nefarious sites will follow you to see if they can get you to follow them back. I don't follow people just because they follow me. Eventually if you ignore them long enough, they will go away. I could be wrong, but I don't think you will lose your readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s such a continuous problem on social media.

      I only see these fake followers on my Bloglovin profile. Those who show up as followers on my page are real people.

      On all social media I check out any followers or requests and block anything suspicious. Every day I get fake accounts wanting to follow me on Instagram. I can block them. But Bloglovin does not have a block option.

      I can moderate blog comments, so spam comments can be deleted.but some years ago I had trouble with thousands of hits on my blog from robo spam. All sex sites.

      I hope you are right and Bloglovin followers continue to receive me blog after I opt out.

      Delete
  2. Hi Nancy. I don’t have a blog but I am having huge issues with Bloglovin’. Their app has disappeared from the App Store, as I deleted it as it was running slow and now I can’t get it back. They do not respond to any emails. I have created another email account and will follow blogs via email. Hopefully, I won’t have any issues
    I have just subscribed to your blog via email and I urge all bloggers to make that option available
    Than you for you blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I like the idea of a separate email for social media, etc.

      Delete
  3. I do dislike not being able to block followers on Bloglovin. There is so much I like about social media, but so much sick and evil use, too. I think your (decent) followers will find you in whatever way works best. Your email notices show up in my box regularly, and I find that so much easier than having to log onto a feed site. In fact, until you sent this out I had forgotten that I even had a bloglovin account.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marie. I have been switching to follow blogs by email, but you are right—some don’t have the option.

      Delete