Friday, January 1, 2021

Quilt Projects Completed in 2020

Covid lockdown and social distancing gave me the motivation to get working on those UFOs piling up. I accomplished quite a bit this year, mostly because I learned to machine quilt on my new Bernina QE.

These wool birds were on the quilter's 'free table' last year. I made a patchwork background and appliqued some tree branches for them.

I am currently machine quilting the Gingiber Thicket animals bed sized quilt.
But I did finish a wall hanging version.
I had these original Wizard of Oz embroidered blocks languishing for years until I saw the Dorothy's Journey fabric line from Riley Blake! I spent weeks drawing and perfecting the designs.
My hand appliqued Yellow Rose Sampler came back from my long arm quilter in the spring.
I am now hand quilting the Hospital Sketches applique quilt, patterns from Barbara Brackman.
I started my Emily Dickinson portraits but need more fabrics and have not been to a quilt shop since I picked up my sewing machine, outside and masked, in April. 
I hand embroidered and machine quilted these adorable cat patterns.
I made the Baby Cactus pattern for my son's girlfriend's birthday. Hand appliqued and machine quilted.
I finished these 2014 Michigan Row by Row blocks into a wall hanging.
This Alice in Wonderland embroidered blocks were finally set and machine quilted.
Thread work and machine quilting a fabric panel turned out great and was gifted to my son and his girlfriend.
I made the central block and the four other wheel blocks some time ago, and finally turned them into a quilt.
I bought the Mountain Mist Water Lily pattern almost 30 years ago. It was time to make the quilt. Hand appliqued, and waiting to be hand quilted.

I needed to play one day, and hauled out my vintage embellishments and quilt tops. 

These 1901 Pan American Redwork blocks had also been languishing for years, and I finally set them together.
I made this lap quilt from 2014 Row by Row Michigan patterns. But machine quilting it on my old machine made a mess. I tore out stitches and finally, with my new machine, finished it and gave it to my brother.
I started designing The Great Gatsby Story Book quilt several years ago. I had some Great Gatsby fabric printed when the last movie version came out. And I finally finished it this year! My original design, hand appliqued and hand quilted.
I just started another long planned project--Michigan lighthouses!

No comments:

Post a Comment