Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Jingle Bell Jack Comes to My House

A few weeks ago I picked up a vintage Ding Dong School book, Jingle Bell Jack. I was nostalgic for a toy I never had.

This past weekend I went to the Royal Oak Flea Market and right off came across a vintage Jingle Bell Jack yo-yo doll. He came home with me.


My doll has a children's sock head with an embroidered face. The yo-yos are all midcentury.

 He is only missing the bell on his hat.

When I saw this kitten fabric I sure wished to see more of the original!

 I think there is a hint of bunny ears and nose on this fabric!
 It may  be sixty years late, but I now have my own yo-yo doll.
Read about the book Jingle Bell Jack at
https://theliteratequilter.blogspot.com/2018/03/jingle-bell-jack-1955-yo-yo-clown-doll.html

No comments:

Post a Comment