Wednesday, August 12, 2020

COVID-19 Life: TBR, WIP, And Sunny, Too

Our little 2-Mile town has seen rising cases of Covid-19, 22 in the last month. Much of the county is seeing rising cases again. I worry about the vibrant downtown surviving. DPTV, Detroit Public Television, aired a story about our city, found here. 

On my walks around town, I have seen parties and even tents and tables set up for bigger events. The school sports teams have been practising in the stadium. 

We continue to have our groceries delivered from Imperfect Produce and have been going to a local grocery chain that for $4.95 shops for you and brings it to the trunk of your car for pick up. We get a delivered restaurant meal every week. This week I will fill the gas tank for only the third time since February. 

The Clawson Quilting Sisters meet in the pack, socially distanced 6" apart, for show and tell and lunch every week. 
Show and Tell in the Park
The Great Gatsby Quilt

And the library book club is Zooming next week to discuss Elizabeth Berg's WWII homefront novel Dream When You're Feeling Blue. Sadly, the library had to close for a deep cleaning and testing of staff after someone was exposed or tested positive to Covid.

Apart from a walk and gardening (mostly watering!), life is centered around reading, writing book reviews, and working on quilts.
This week I machine quilted a top made of Row By Row patterns from years ago.
I am working with the Hazel quilt center block (from Esther Alui). I had trouble with Esther's patterns so I am make up my own design I finished hand appliqueing four of the center blocks of the Water Lily quilt.

New books on my NetGalley shelf include:
  • Black Bottom Saints by Alice Randall, recalling Detroit's vibrant African American neighborhood
  • My Bed by Rebecca Bond and Sally Mavor, a children's book about how children around the world sleep. The art is amazing!
  • Rita Blitt: Around and Around, the artist's work donated to the Mulvane Art Museum's collection


I have read 104 books this year!

Our grandpuppy goes to doggy day care three times a week. Her people both work from home and Sunny has to burn off all that energy! This week she was Dog of the Week! Her fur sister Ellie enjoys being the only dog for those hours.
Sunny
When I don't feel like working on the applique, I color in the birthday Jane Austen quotation coloring books.

My brother and his girlfriend are still uploading photographs from their trip to the Keweenaw Peninsula. I loved Martha's photo of an old wagon wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment