Saturday, May 15, 2021

Covid-19 Life: Books & Quilts

I decided to try some creative background ideas at the Mackinac Bridge block. I got the idea while waiting for the ophthalmologist in an examination room with nothing to do but look at the desk top home page image. I liked the way the artist put together colors for sky and water.

I layered various fabrics for the sky. For the water, I inserted a darker fabric into the lighter blue and then pleated them.



And I finished the first Cherish quilt block.




Book mail this week included

  • The Artist Colony by Joanna Fitzpatrick from Caitlin Hamilton Summie Marketing and She Writes Press

  • The Ground Breaking: An American City and its Search for Justice by Scott Ellsworth from Dutton Books via a Goodreads giveaway
And from LibraryThing came a Revell Books advanced reading copy 
  • The Nature of Small Things by Susie Finkbeiner

New on my NetGalley shelf:
  • Legends of the North Cascades by Jonathan Evison, courtesy of Algonquin Books
  • The Failed Promise: Reconstruction, Frederick Douglass, and the Impeachment of Andrew Johnson by Robert S. Levine
  • In the Shadow of the Empress: The Defiant Lives of Maria Theresa, Mother of Marie Antoinette, and Her Daughters by Nancy Goldstone
  • Oh William! by Elizabeth Strout, continuing Lucy Barton's story


Last of all, for Mother's Day my son gifted me Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer.
Our son and his girl and Ellie and Sunny spent the day with us and my hubby made his spaghetti sauce and meatballs. The doggies were thrilled, especially Sunny who has only been at our house three times since adoption because of Covid. 

My husband has missed grocery shopping (unlike me) and has twice ventured out to a store in the last month. 

I am working on preparing the Cherish Quilt pieces for English paper piecing this summer. I hope to use up some of my stash!

Sunny looking out our window. The pups left footprints on the deep carpet.
Like the footprints they leave in our hearts, our son added.

Stay safe. Find your bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment