Thursday, August 22, 2013

AQS Grand Rapids Show, II


I wish I had taken more photos! I guess I am not used to the 'digital age' with a camera that has no limitations of how many photos I can take. Still, I have lots to share.



I love quilts with a message, especially quilts that relate to history. This Hallowed Ground by Dianne J. Little of Livonia MI commemorates the 150th anniversary of the Civil War. Lincoln's Gettysburg Address is presented in the alternate blocks.


 I could not believe my eyes when I saw this quilt by Timna Tarr of South Hadley, MA. She fussy cut Washington's portrait from 8 yards of fabric! E Pluribus Unun: Out of Many, One.




An Ultimate Guild Challenge from the Flying Geese Quilters Guild in Irvine, CA is Creating an American Shrine by Carol Culbert. She inked the history of Mt Rushmore.




Another entry from the same quilt guild is Pioneer Mother: Symbol of Courage, Strength, and Determination by Linda Berry Smith.



My friend nicely took a pic of me in front of my quilt, I Will Lift My Voice Like a Trumpet. The AQS volunteer let me behind the barrier, too! I was proud to have my quilt displayed with so many amazing quilts.


No comments:

Post a Comment