Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Kitchen Remodel Update and Brag

A few days ago I uploaded pics of our Wilson Art 'Betty' laminate counter top on Retro Renovation. Pam Kueber gives readers a chance to share their vintage finds and remodeling pics. Well, today she featured my photos and asked for the reader to come out of anonymity! Read the post here.

I first saw the Betty laminate on Pam's website this past January. You can see the original Retro Renovation post announcing the Wilson Art retro line here.

Pam's goal is to help people remodel Mid Century Modern homes in keeping with the original style. She also is all for 'saving the pink bathrooms."

I found this stainless steel retro bread box many years ago for fifty cents! The canister set I found at a local antique shop for about $30.


In a few weeks the final touches will be put on my kitchen. A door marred in installation will be replaced, a board will fill in the gap above the refrigerator and another to hide the under-counter light above the sink.

Then our contractor will have photographs taken for her portfolio.

My goal was a nod to the 1964 origins of our home--such as staying with slab cabinet doors--but with all the features of a modern kitchen. I added some bling by using spun aluminum lighting, drawer tab pulls, and of course that vintage canister set.

The back splash behind the range is all bling: Brushed steel mosaic tile!
I just love the kitchen. Thanks to Pam for all her inspiration.






No comments:

Post a Comment