First is a sunset over the lake from Northern Hearth Quilting & Sewing Center in Cadillac; I replaced the original boy fishing on the shore with a lady under a tree looking at the sailboat.
Creative Quilts in Brighton has this great LOVE Michigan with a map
- The kitchen is complete except for a few things which are ordered but have yet to come in. Our contractor is having a photographer take photos for her website!
- I am going to the American Quilt Society show in Grand Rapids, MI next week! My friend and I are staying overnight...because who can see the whole show in an afternoon?
- I have another quilt book to review, so look forward to reading about projects inspired by Hawaiian quilts.
- I have reviewed 103 books through NetGalley since April 2014! I am like a crazy lady high on READING. I wonder how long I can last at this pace? LOL.
Right now I am reading:
- The Pulitzer Prize winning novel All the Light You Can Not See by Anthony Doerr; my book club will dsicuss this at the end of the month.
- Pamela by Samuel Richardson, the 1741 book considered the first novel through NetGalley
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon, a young adult book about an eighteen year old girl in love for the first time: complication is that she can't ever touch him. She is a 'bubble' girl allergic to everything.
On my NetGalley shelf are
- White Eskimo: Knud Ramussen's Fearless Journey into the Heart of the Arctic by Stephen R. Bown.
- The Color of Water in July by Nora Carroll,because it is set in Northern Michigan.
- Radioactive! How Irene Curie and Lise Meitner Revolutionized Science by Winifred Conkling, written for children.
- The Heart Goes Last by Margaret Atwood. Because I have never read Atwood and it's about time I did!
- All of Us and Everything by Bridge Asher about complicated sisters during a hurricane along the Jersey shore.
- The Year of Shakespeare in 1601 by James Shapiro.