|Sunset from late October|
|This week's last roses of summer--or rather, autumn|
I picked the colors to match my newly upholstered 1930 club chair. A quilt friend made me matching pillows for my settees.
|My grandfather Milo bought this chair in 1930|
|fabrics from Connecting Threads|
|Peter Pan Story Book quilt pattern|
I am trying very hard not to put in too many requests for upcoming books. I have already read 158 books this year!
|ARC from W W Norton: The Rise and Fall of Adam and Eve|
- Starlings by Jo Walton
- The Boat People by Sharon Bala
- Daphne by Will Boast
- As Bright as Heaven by Susan Meissner
- Gateway to the Moon by Mary Morris
- Lear by Harold Bloom
- Debriefing by Susan Sontag
- The Rise and Fall of Adam and Eve by Stephen Greenblatt
Books I won and am expecting:
- An American Marriage by Tayari Jones
- Endurance by Scott Kelly
- Winter by Karl Ove Knausgard
- The Book of Joe by Joe Biden and Jeff Wilser
- The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin
|ARC from W W Norton, The Abu Dhabi Bar Mitzvah|
- To Lay Rest Our Ghosts by Caitlin Hamilton Summie (purchased book!)
- A State of Freedom by Meel Mukhejee
- Building the Great Society by Joshua Zeitz
I am also going to reread Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro this month for one of my book clubs.Book club selections coming up that I am looking forward to next year include Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe, plus rereading Gilead by Marilynne Robinson and Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes. Books to be discussed which I have already read include Hag Seed by Margaret Atwood, The Gap of Time by Jeanette Winterson, and Behold the Dreamers by Imbolo Mbue--which my library club read last month! I likely won't need to reread those last three.
|Bookish ARC win; review soon to come!|
I also bought some great used books at the library book sale! I enjoyed Hannah Kent's The Good People, and I hear that her Burial Rites was even better--which must mean it is magnificent. I also snagged Zadie Smith's Swing Time!
|My book sale finds|
|Book Club pack win for Girl Waits with Gun|
|Our dear Kamikaze, one of our last photos. She did not show her age.|
We miss our girls so much!
|our girls one year ago|