Saturday, March 6, 2021

Covid-19 Life: Vaccination Day!

Thursday I received my first Pfizer vaccination through Henry Ford Health Systems! As the nurse prepared my shot, I was nearly in tears with relief. In three weeks, both my husband and me will have had our second vaccination dose. And in mid-April, we will be able to begin to resume activities we had put on hold. 

We dream of simple things like visits with the dentist and eye doctor, senior hour shopping in the grocery stores, visiting indoors with our son and his girl and the grandpuppies and Gus, visiting our brothers.

The Pandemic is not over, life will not be 'normal' any time soon, and the virus is mutating, but the vaccinations along with double masks will protect us and curtail transmission of the virus.

Overall, life is quiet. We are walking outside every day now. I don't have any hand work prepared....must get on that. I have everything ready to machine quilt a project, but first I am sewing curtains for my brother's tear-drop, retro travel trailer.  He found this cool Alexander Henry fabric.

And this is his trailer!

The Robins are using the heated water bowl for a bird bath! The weather is warmer, 40 degrees today, the snow is melted. In a few weeks we will be able to bring out the hoses and the bird bath. Meantime, Robin is making do.

I bought a new vacuum cleaner because the rubber in my 1990 Royal upright is stiff and won't hold the filter bag. It would come off and the dust collect in the cloth bag! I have mostly hard flooring, but carpet in the living room and some area rugs. So, I bought a Miele canister vac. It is pretty cool!

Book mail from Little, Brown & Company is A Shot in the Moonlight by Ben Montgomery, whose last book, The Man Who Walked Backward, I read.



Bookish First Top February Reviews included my review of the Genome Odyssey! That was exciting.

I am reading April NetGalley books. Currently, The Bookseller of Florence by Ross King, whose on Monet, Mad Enchantment,  I read, and The Sound Between the Notes by Barbara Linn Probst, whose Queen of the Owls I have read, and also BookishFirst memoir Finding Freedom by Erin French. (And I am now about 60% through Barack Obama's memoir A Promised Land.)

After purchasing The Little Women Cookbook I ordered The Secret Garden Cookbook! When I reviewed these books I thought they were charming and the recipes looked very tempting.


I will end with a pic of Sunny and Gus. Moments later, I was told, Gus was chewing on Sunny's neck in play!
And I just love this pic of Ellie and Sunny begging for a walk.

Stay safe. Find your bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment