All Points Patchwork: English Paper Piecing Beyond the Hexagon by Diane Gilleland and published by Storey Publishing covering every aspect of paper piecing from A to Z. I can't wait to try her techniques.
Quilting With Doilies: Inspiration, Techniques & Projects by Barbara Polston and published by Schiffer Publications looks so great I already pre-ordered the book! Her techniques will solve some problems I encounter. Plus, I love using doilies in quilts.
Art Quits Of The Midwest by Linzee Kull McCray and published by the University of Iowa Press is a lovely book featuring 20 Midwestern quilt artists, including three from Michigan, with a focus on how the region impacts their quilts.
Non-Fiction Books in reading list include:
- Children of the Stone by Sandy Tolan, author of The Lemon Tree, telling the story of one boy's jorny from a Palestinian refugee camp to bring music education to children of war.
- A Pledge of Silence by Flora J. Solomon relates the story of a WWII army nurse in a prisoner of war camp.
- Romantic Outlaws: The Extraordinary Lives of Mary Wollstonecraft and Her Daughter Mary Shelley by Charlotte Gordon
Fiction books on my shelf include:
- The Last Bookaneer by Matthew Pearl. I have loved his books, starting with The Dante Club. This one involves Robert Louis Stevenson, one of my childhood favorite authors.
- The Children's Crusade by Anne Packer, whose Dive From Clausen Pier I read.
Historical Fiction includes:
- The Dream Lover by Elizabeth Berg, about George Sand.
- The Rocheforts by Christian Laborie is a family saga about the ruthless French manufacturer of denim.
These are all NetGalley ebooks available for an unbiased review.